Saturday, September 23, 2006

professing perfectionism

i haven’t felt like writing recently. well that’s not really true... i’ve WANTED to write, but i haven’t really been feeling it... not really a writers block, but more of a lack of motivation entirely. i would even sit down at the computer screen and find myself staring at the empty whiteness wondering what was interesting enough to write about. i was just talking to Gina about a similar thing today. about how i love to draw, and i will find myself doodling from time to time, but recently, when i break out my sketchbook to formulate some figment of my imagination, i find myself only wanting to fill the pages with things that i’ll be proud to show my kids one day... as if a book filled with doodles is just crap. i know that’s not the case, but i’m a f-cking perfectionist. nothing is ever quite perfect. i used to think it was cool, my perfectionistic tendencies, but now they seem to keep my from doing more things than not.

screw that... excuse me, i’m going to go draw

No comments: