Saturday, June 09, 2007

la concerta


tonight there was a concerta. it was a small one in a small town down the way to the west towards Belluno. it took place in a small art-cafe named ArtCafe le Maschere run by a wonderful woman named cinzia in a purple shirt.

the music was fantastic. i really wish you could have heard it. i love the singer and she was delving into all kinds of jazz renditions of the likes of Morecheeba and Lauryn Hill. there was a bassist and a trumpet and a drummer and a pianist. there was groove galore and not a foot in the house escaped tapping... not a head in the place escaped nodding to the flow... to the pulse of the soul. there was cake to be had and i was invited to display my work up on the walls in august.

not a bad Saturday in my long list of Saturdays.

1 comment:

a work in progress said...

Wow...I know I would have loved this evening!! What a beautiful singer!! I hope she has an album out soon!