Friday, August 11, 2006

perhaps a little getrunken

It occurred to me today... perhaps as recently at a few minutes ago... that it is possible that I get a tad too serious when I drink.

I spilled a gentleman’s beer a few minutes ago and he was rather upset... he called me a great number of names, some of which I started to take somewhat personally... before I thought better of it. Then I realized that I myself might have called someone a few names, had they spilled a tasty beverage of my own. Then I thought, why punish a person for losing track of a stray appendage for a moment or two? Why not praise and reward that person for having the sense to let go of the societal rules of acceptable behavior and express him or herself in whatever way feels natural and free in the present moment. Why do we lock ourselves down into our little spheres of autonomous space and prohibit ourselves from expanding that volume of space into the surrounding environment? So what if we sometimes collide with each other in a sporatic dance of chaotic vibrations?

You only live once. How well do you know the person next to you after all?

How well do you even know yourself... if you never get far enough away to get perspective?

 

No comments: