Monday, January 26, 2009

trusted

sometimes we find ourselves with a lack of trusted individuals... you know?

I know

now... i have to preface this... i have the kind of job where i need to be able to trust my LIFE with the person next to me... but that doesn't mean i need to trust my life with them... if you know what i mean...

quite literally, there are people that i would trust to defend me from those forces out in the world that would love to do me physical harm... and yet, i wouldn't share my personal life with them...

why is that? i mean... that's kind of fucked up... isn't it?

not really.

now, don't get me wrong, i love the guys i work with... i would even put myself in imminent danger on a regular basis if it meant that it would increase the chances that the guy next to me would get home safely...

but...


at the same time, i feel that my personal life is mine alone, and not one to be monitored or recorded or interpreted by any people other than those with whom i entrust it...

and that number is very small.

after all... we only NEED a small audience... above that and people are likely only looking for drama... for the most part, we only need a sounding board... above that and we lose control over what we wish to be out in the open.

strange though, isn't it? that i entrust those around me more with my cardiovascular and neurological state (read biological survival) than with my mental, cognitive, interpretive, and personal manifestations.

fucked up world it is sometimes.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Indeed it is fucked up...but then, those you CAN trust with your thoughts and personal feelings, are those you would trust with everything and anything. Kinda awesome knowing that you have those people in your life. Not everyone does. It is a blessing!!

I love you!! yer mom

kidnoonan said...

it is indeed mom. i love you too.