Thursday, April 02, 2009

a hitchhiker told me i don't talk a lot... made me feel fine... made me quiet

i recently found a band that i like: Blind Pilot

sometimes music just speaks to you, and sometimes it doesn't.

i won't go on to say that these musicians speak to my soul. i won't say that they found a voice to my inner monologue. i won't say that they capture the energy of my inner day, each and every day.

i won't say that i've listened to their album 4o times in the last week and a half

i imagine they are a few guys with a guitar and a simple drum. i imagine they feel good about the music they make. i imagine they like sharing it with the world and they would appreciate it if a few people sat down and listened to it.

i think there are moments in our lives when we are receptive to certain paths... when we want to see things presented to ourselves in a distinct way. i find it curious that the music that speaks to me comes from a band called Blind Pilot...

me being a pilot and all

not a bad image. a pilot being someone who is in control. who has possession of his world... someone who is skilled and trained to guide his being through all dimensions... but he's blind. flying on faith. or memory. or trust. or hope.

i've always been in control, or striving for it. i've always been driving, or at least i thought i have been. i suppose the first part of healing is admitting there is a problem

i'm not necessarily sure where i'm going. i'm not really sure what i'll find when i get there.

there... step one... now what?

1 comment:

kelly noonan said...

Beautiful. truly.
Though you didnt have to imply my ignorance and spell out the irony of why you like a band called Blind Pilot :) I love you bro. I cant wait to chill with ya and talk about things like one pointedness and the songs of our souls...until then...happy stepping. Oh, and throw in a blind LEAP of faith every few steps. Its kinda fun.