Friday, January 19, 2007

Needs

I need a cave.

I have to be able to extinguish the fire to stop the movement across the walls. I need to be able to feel the breath from my nose as it touches my upper lip. I need to close my ears.

I want there to be vibrations in the stone at my feet that i can press my forehead into. I want to feel earth against my skin in gritty units of age.

 

I would swallow huge spheres of ice, as large as my head, and i would enjoy the inner numbness as i melted them away, all the while concentrating on my breathing.

All the while concentrating on my bones relaxing...

 

I want to read the wall with my fingertips. I want to interpret the eons of movement and pressure in the braille cracks and fissures. I want to walk barefoot on the rocks and remember the sharpness before the skin callouses.

 

i need a cave that i can leave... so that even the moonlight blinds me.

No comments: