Sunday, August 05, 2007

august now

melted cat


I’m not quite sure where July went, but I’m pretty sure I wasn’t invited, because August and I are sitting here in a daze and I have no clean laundry.



Whoever said that time goes by when you are older… they weren’t kidding. I now count years off on my fingers instead of months… both looking forward and back. Mom is probably reading this and thinking… just you wait.



Hi mom.



I had lost the will to write for a while… it happens… life gets a little hectic and things fall out. Maybe I didn’t feel very bouncy and optimistic and didn’t want to whine too much, or focus on negative thoughts. Maybe I didn’t feel grounded enough to be able to relax in front of the screen and open my mind. Sometimes I get a antsy and anxious feeling and I just can’t emote. Poor Heather has to deal with it all the time. Recently we rediscovered our mutual love of cooking. Instead of mac an cheese, I was buying all-purpose flour and yeast… we made bread. We made pizza and pizza sauce. We made gnocci. We drank wine (a much neglected step in cooking). We bought more cheese than we could possibly eat… of a handful of varieties… and then we sat down with some bread and wine and devoured it all with big cheesy grins and distended bellies.



i’m listening to Death Cab for Cutie’s album Plans.



You should too. It’s a fantastic album all around. Good for all people. It’s especially good at full volume in the car with the windows down and shiny bits in your eyes and a full breath of air in your lungs.



I’m not saying it’s cosmic or anything. I’m not saying it’ll change the world or anything… but it just might change your day and that just might be enough.



5 comments:

Kelly said...

Is it coincidence that this is the first day Ive checked your blog in I-dunno-how-long? Crazy that you just posted today...it just proves that we are on the same wave....I LOVE YOU. MOM was soooooooooooo happy you sat on the phone with her for almost 3 hours helping her with the mac. You were obviously blessed with the virtue of patience much more than your sis. I LOVE YOU!

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Another fabulous post by a most marvelous and talented man. I missed your writing bits. More please :)

Sandy said...

I am so happy to read another amazing entry from my boy. I put a note in early this morning after Sara left and somehow it got lost in cyberspace...or I just goofed up sending it.hhhmmmmm...could that be?
but a short recap is that I was a little sad because Sara left. I'll miss that sweet girl around here. I know she is stepping out on a new adventure...long overdue. But nonetheless...so, then I decide to mosey on over to you and Voila! I'm smiling again.

I have been so blessed to have all you young'uns in my life. You keep me smiling and happy and humming...

I have one more memory to tuck into my heart pocket for safekeeping and to pull out whenever I'm blue.

Love you more everyday!

yer mom

The Mommy said...

You melted my cat. Lucky guy.