Sunday, April 27, 2008

inspiration

comes from breathing in.

it comes from opening your lungs and filling yourself. it comes from the tingling in your skin and the pulse in your stomach. it runs through your tearducts and leaps our across your cheeks. it comes from the stretch of your muscles and the way you lean forward into your being, leveraging your strength with your bones.

you have to take that energy inside you and you need to release it. you need to focus that breath and concentrate on it's form. you need to decide if it is going to be warm and soft or cold and directed. you have to share it. you have to risk something. you have to put a piece of yourself in every breath. you have to invest yourself.

for what good is breathing in, if you never breathe out again?

i can't wait for a chance. i can't wait to exhale. i have to make the conscious decision to make it happen everyday.

maybe this blog is my small way of doing this. maybe it is a place to focus my breath from time to time... perhaps it is a surrogate form... a shell to carry the air for a while. i'm not sure if it is enough, but at least it reminds me of what i want and what i need.

i don't really have a good reason why i write here. there is no message. there is no intended audience. there isn't really any focus... mostly it's just a way of talking out loud... and tossing a little bit of myself out into the world.

freshman

4 comments:

summer said...

i haven't seen that picture in ten years! i think i took that one, didn't i? it seems to be taken from my dorm dorway. love it. love you.

i'm reading, so keep writing.
xoxox

Crystal C said...

Whoa! Just saw this! Holy shit, that photo took my breath away -- I remember that gangly guy tripping down the hallway, TEN years ago. You look like such a baby! But I thought you were sooooo old and cool. Heh.

Anyway, you're never ever not an inspired human being, m'dear. Maybe the inspiration just needs to hibernate once in a while... Glad you're back on the blog, though. I missed it.

Abrazotes!

kidnoonan said...

yup summer. you totally did take it. those were the days. love you too.

and i love you too crystal.

funny how 'feeling so grown up' back then, now looks so young and beautifully naive.

:)

Kelly said...

I love you bro! I just wanted to say that. Your creativity and telepathic skills continue to amaze me...Lets just say...I FEEL YA!!!

mmmmmmuuuuwwaaaah!